At a time of change for the region, many preconceived ideas are changing across politics, governance, business and society. GTF promoted the extensive participation of women as a necessary and positive imperative for our world and the creation of just societies.
Global Thinkers Forum aimed to identify and celebrate the female Leadership of the Future, with a focus on: Governance, Social Progress, Responsible Entrepreneurship, and Community Development. The invited Women Leaders and conference participants discussed strategic skill sets for women in the MENA, such as identifying areas of opportunities, improving leadership skills, corporate governance, and successful leadership.
The not-to-miss event of the year in Amman celebrating the region’s leading female thinkers and innovators in an Oscars-like ceremony!
GTF 2012 Award Honourees were:
- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah - Excellence in Global Thinking
- Margery Kraus, Founder & CEO, APCO Worldwide - Excellence in Leadership
- Arianna Huffington, President, AOL Huffington Post Media Group - Excellence in Life
- Mrs. Marianna V. Vardinoyannis, Unesco Goodwill Ambassador - Excellence in Philanthropy
- HRH Princess Rym Ali, Founder, JMI - Excellence in Media
- Dr. Hayat Sindi, Founder & President, I2nstitute - Excellence in Science
- Deema Bibi, CEO, Injaz - Excellence in Positive Change
- Sonja Lokar, Executive Director, CEE Network for Gender Issues - Excellence in Gender Equality
- Khalid Alkhudair, CEO, Glowork.net - Excellence in Entrepreneurship
- Nabila Ramdani, Journalist - Excellence in Innovation
- Dalia Mogahed, Executive Director & Senior Analyst, Gallup Centre - Excellence in Cultural Undestanding
- Zaha Hadid, Founder, Zaha Hadid Architects (1950-2016) - Excellence in Pioneering
The GTF Awards go to some of the most intelligent, innovative, accomplished and socially responsible thought leaders. Extraordinary achievements, unique ideas, excellent management, artistic creativity, ethical reporting will be honoured during the GTF Awards Ceremony. Please nominate a person, a company or a non-profit organisation that you believe is suitable to be presented with a GTF Award in Excellence in one of the above areas. Please email us on email@example.com proposing your nominee and briefly describing the reason behind the nomination. In your email, please include the nominee’s full contact details and website information.