Trust—or, too often, the lack of it—is one of the central issues of our time. Without trust, institutions don’t work, societies falter and people lose faith in their leaders. In today’s world it is imperative to project and recognise role models that cultivate and promote trust, integrity and accountability.
Through the GTF Awards for Excellence Gala we brought together leaders and representatives from businesses, governments and civil society with a goal to celebrate achievements, promote business and raise awareness around the success stories for male and women leaders who lead by example. A robust networking opportunity, the GTF Awards for Excellence Gala provided a unique, entertaining, thought-provoking platform for conversation, exposure and high-level networking with a selection of invited luminaries.
In our not-to-miss event in London we celebrated individuals who, through their actions and projects, contribute to trust building.
GTF 2017 Award Honourees were:
- The Rt Hon Tobias Ellwood MP, Minister for Defence People & Veterans - Special Award for Bravery
- Bhai Sahib Bhai Mohinder Singh, OBE KSG, Chairman, Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha - Excellence in Peace & Collaboration
- Muhtar Kent, Chairman, Coca-Cola Company - Excellence in Leadership
- Dr. Radha Basu, Founder, iMerit - Excellence in Youth Development
- Dr. Judi Aubel, Co-founder, Grandmother Project – Change through Culture (GMP) - Excellence in Positive Change
- Noorjahan Akbar, Founder, Free Women Writers - Excellence in Women's Empowerment
- Pantelis Dimitriou, Managing Director, Iliaktida - Excellence in Humanitarian Work
The GTF Awards go to some of the most intelligent, innovative, accomplished and socially responsible thought leaders. Extraordinary achievements, unique ideas, excellent management, artistic creativity, ethical reporting will be honoured during the GTF Awards Ceremony. Please nominate a person, a company or a NGO that you believe is suitable to be presented with a GTF Award in Excellence in one of the above areas.