The event celebrated figures who are creating positive change by delivering innovative answers to some of the world’s key challenges in government, business, technology, society and the Arts. They were joined by HE the High Representative of UN Alliance of Civilizations Dr Nassir Abdulaziz Al-Nasser and HRH Princess Sumaya bin El Hassan of Jordan, international media and leading brands in front of a diverse local and worldwide audience.
An exclusive live concert by world acclaimed Emmy-nominee Maestro Sir Dirk Brossé Music Director of The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia.
The not-to-miss event of the year in Athens celebrating figures who are creating positive change in an Oscars-like ceremony!
GTF 2013 Award Honourees were:
- HE Mr. Nassir Abdulaziz Al-Nasser, High Representative, The UN Alliance of Civilizations - Excellence in Leadership
- The Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, His All-Holiness Archbishop of Constantinople - Excellence in Promoting Peace & Collaboration
- Hani Masri, President Tomorrow's Youth Organization (TYO) - Excellence in Philanthropy
- Nouriel Roubini, Co-Founder & Chairman, Roubini Global Economics - Excellence in Global Thinking
- Dr. Ibrahim Abouleish, Founder, Sekem - Excellence in Positive Change
- Shahira Amin, Journalist - Excellence in Gender Equality
- Sir David Paradine Frost, Journalist, Writer, Media Personality & Television Host - Excellence in Media
- Tu Weiming, Professor, Philosophy & Director, The Institute for Advanced Humanistic Studies, Peking University - Excellence in Cultural Understanding
- Nikos Floros, Artist - Excellence in Innovation
- Ludwig Wicki, Professor, Chamber Music & Teacher of Conducting at Universities in Lucerne & Bern - Excellence in Cultural Creativity
- Sir Dirk Brossé, Music Director, The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia - Excellence in Cultural Creativity
- Gbemuotor Dan Kama, Co-Founder, Professionals For Humanity (PROFOH) - Excellence in Humanitarian
- Dr. Maisah Sobaihi, Academic, Writer, Director & Performer - Excellence in Pioneering
- Marco Veremis, CEO, Upstream - Excellence in Entrepreneurship
The GTF Awards go to some of the most intelligent, innovative, accomplished and socially responsible thought leaders. Extraordinary achievements, unique ideas, excellent management, artistic creativity, ethical reporting will be honoured during the GTF Awards Ceremony. Please nominate a person, a company or a non-profit organisation that you believe is suitable to be presented with a GTF Award in Excellence in one of the above areas. Please email us on email@example.com proposing your nominee and briefly describing the reason behind the nomination. In your email, please include the nominee’s full contact details and website information.