The most exquisite event in Dubai in 2014! Global Thinkers Forum presented its 2014 Awards For Excellence Gala under the theme: ‘Arab Women as Changemakers - A Celebration of Achievements’, celebrating UAE Women on the occasion of the UAE’s 43rd National Day. The Gala Dinner took place in Dubai, UAE, on Friday November 28, 2014.
Arab Women are changing the game in Governance, Diplomacy, Business, Academia, Media. A high profile meeting that will showcase the capabilities of Arab Women as Leaders, promote better understanding of global trends and generate opportunities for growth, investment and international exposure.
A unique corporate hospitality opportunity The Global Thinkers Forum Awards for Excellence Gala Dinner provided an entertaining, thought-provoking platform for conversation, exposure and high-level networking with a selection of invited luminaries.
An exclusive live concert by world acclaimed Emmy-nominee Maestro Sir Dirk Brossé Music Director of The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia.
The not-to-miss event of the year in Dubai celebrating the success stories and achievements of Arab Women in an Oscars-like ceremony! Download Brochure here.
GTF 2014 Award Honourees were:
- HE Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi, Minister of State for Tolerance, UAE - Excellence in Global Thinking
- HE Raja Easa Al Gurg, Managing Director, The Easa Saleh Al Group LLC (ESAG) - Excellence in Leadership
- Her Royal Highness Princess Sumaya bint El Hassan, President, The Royal Scientific Society - Excellence in Positive Change
- Dr. Shaikha Al Maskari, Chairperson, Al Maskari Holding - Excellence in Business
- Dr. Rafia Ghubash, Founder, Women's Museum UAE - Excellence in Gender Equality
- Haifa Fahoum Al Kaylani, Founder Chairman, Arab International Women's Forum - Excellence in Life
- HE Noura Al Kaabi, Chief Executive, The Media Zone Authority – Abu Dhabi (TWOFOUR54) - Excellence in Innovation
- Raha Moharrak, Mountaineer - Excellence in Pioneering
- Muna Abu Sulayman, Partner, Directions Consulting - Excellence in Media
- Haifa Dia Al-Attia, EDRAAK - Excellence in Education
- Dr. Ismahane Elouafi, Director General, ICBA-Agriculture for Tomorrow - Excellence in Science
- Zineb El Adaoui, Governor - Excellence in Public Office
- Hayv Kahraman, Artist - Excellence in Cultural Creativity
- Sheikha Al Mayassa, Chairperson, Qatar Museums - Excellence in Cultural Understanding
- Dr. Atallah Kuttab, Chairman & Founder, SAANED for Philanthropy Advisory in the Arab Region, Jordan - Excellence in Philanthropy
In partnership with
Why do we award Arab women?
It is critically important for the wider stability of the region and also the prosperity of our societies to understand the impact of interconnectedness, maintain an outward perspective, reposition the role of women, create new pathways for collaboration and foster knowledge exchange. The forces unleashed by the Arab uprisings made clear to decision makers across Europe and the Arab World that there’s is an urgent need to translate the unique momentum created into concrete positive outcomes for citizens by unleashing the huge growth potential of both regions.
The GTF Awards go to some of the most intelligent, innovative, accomplished and socially responsible thought leaders. Extraordinary achievements, unique ideas, excellent management, artistic creativity, ethical reporting will be honoured during the GTF Awards Ceremony. Please nominate a person, a company or a non-profit organisation that you believe is suitable to be presented with a GTF Award in Excellence in one of the above areas. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org proposing your nominee and briefly describing the reason behind the nomination. In your email, please include the nominee’s full contact details and website information.