Philanthropy is currently experiencing an unprecedented amount of innovation, disruption and transformation. Never before have social needs, local and global alike, been more complex and pressing.
In the 21st century, philanthropy earns a strategic dimension. At the core of this transformation is the will to hold business leaders and businesses more accountable, expand, and nurture the notion of ethical leadership and ethical/great companies.
An exclusive live concert by world acclaimed Emmy-nominee Maestro Sir Dirk Brossé, Music Director of The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia.
The not-to-miss event of the year in London celebrated the importance of philanthropy, giving and impact investing for positive change in a world in flux in an Oscars-like ceremony!
The Global Thinkers Forum Awards for Excellence Gala Dinner provided an entertaining, thought-provoking platform for conversation, exposure and high-level networking with a selection of invited luminaries.
GTF 2016 Award Honourees were:
- HRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, Founder & Patron, Alwaleed Philanthropies - Special Award for Contribution to Humanity
- Peter Maurer, President, International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) - Excellence in Positive Change
- Elif Shafak, Author, Columnist, Speaker & Academic - Excellence in Promoting Gender Equality
- Arlene Samen, President & Founder, One Heart World-Wide (OHW) - Excellence in Women’s Empowerment
- The Rt. Hon. the Lord Alderdice, Chairman, The Centre for Democracy & Peace Building, Belfast - Excellence in Promoting Peace & Collaboration
The GTF Awards go to some of the most intelligent, innovative, accomplished and socially responsible thought leaders. Extraordinary achievements, unique ideas, excellent management, artistic creativity, ethical reporting will be honoured during the GTF Awards Ceremony. Please nominate a person, a company or a NGO that you believe is suitable to be presented with a GTF Award in Excellence in one of the above areas. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org proposing your nominee and briefly describing the reason behind your proposal.
All nominated entities must have a proven record of high integrity, recognition and can serve as role model for successful leadership, forward thinking and positive change.