Former British Ambassador to Greece
John Kittmer is a former diplomat and civil servant. After recently completing his PhD, he is now writing a book about Greece, running a small charity and working as a non-executive director of a Greek shipping business.
John has a broad range of experience, having worked in the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO), the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA), the Cabinet Office and the Department for Education & Employment. Most recently he has been:
- Since July 2018: Member of the Board of Okeanis Eco Tankers Corp.
- Since June 2018: Chair of the Anglo-Hellenic League
- Dec 2016 - July 2017: FCO, Director of Overseas Territories
- Jan 2013 - Dec 2016: FCO, British Ambassador to Greece
- Jan 2011 – August 2012: DEFRA, Deputy Director, Inland Waterways & EU Strategy Support
- Sept 2008 – Sept 2010: DEFRA, Principal Private Secretary to the Secretary of State